The fully edible chocolate spoon I had at Hemingway. SO good.
I love these little trucks! They are all over and I swear I'm going to ship one home and name it Walter. And Walter and Gladice are going to be best of friends. Maybe even lovers.

The picture below is the Pitti Palace, which is across from the school. And below that is my school, Accademia Italiana.
This is the west view from the Ponte Vecchio.
The Piazza del Repubblica.
This is a side street view from the street we live on to show how close to the duomo we actually live.
Our street, Borgo degli Albizi.
Yesterday we got up and went to the San Lorenzo market. Its this big warehouse type place that is chuck-full of venders selling meats and fish and fruits and veggies. I got a lot of fresh fruit like apples and oranges and peaches and grapes (all grapes over here have seeds in them).
To get to the market you have to walk through all sorts of fun street vendors, that sell leather good and scarves and such. We also saw a protest going on by the duomo, not sure what they were protesting since we couldn't translate their signs but it looks like protests happen all the time since the police here pretty much escort them. We came home and made lunch, then I went out and took pictures of my walk from the apartment to school. You can check all of them out at http://www.facebook.com/album.php?aid=2628890&|=5abac&id=13934501 (the picture above are from that walk). Last night my roommates Emma, Han, and I went to a little hole in the wall coffee bar that Han discovered last semester called Hemingway and it was a really neat atmosphere. I had a drink that was a mixture of hot chocolate and coffee and got an edible chocolate spoon with it! (see picture) We were planning trips we want to take outside of Italy all last night. Thinking we'll do Barcelona and Greece together for sure. We're all doing France separately with people that are coming to visit us! Us three get along really well because we are not so much into the whole clubbing, drinking, staying out until 4 or 5am on weeknights thing. The other two are. Han, Emma, and I are also all the same age and older than the other two so maybe that's it? or maybe we don't want to spend €8 or €9 on a drink! Anyways. It's sunday and not many things are open on sundays (the holy day you know!) so I think I'll just try and get organized and figure out what classes I'll be taking. I will most likely write another blog post about "strange" things here that I've been compiling so enjoy! Miss you all!
No comments:
Post a Comment