Monday, January 26, 2009

Antique Market

Yesterday we went to the market in Piazza de Campi, right by our lovely grocery store, Standa. There's usually a market there everyday except Sundays, but on the last Sunday of every month the market expands onto neighboring streets. This market had old, antique-y things and was really interesting to browse. I ended up getting a couple scarves, some old postcards, a watch, and some vintage Firenze (Florence) pins. It was really fun. Just hard to believe sometimes that this isn't the tourist season and when the tourist season comes I may want to stay inside because there'll be sooooo many people!

Today, I had my long day of classes (9:30 - 6:00) and it really does get long. I do enjoy my morning class with Fadi, who actually buzzed his "sleek italian" hair off and actually looks even hotter! Heehee! I only have a half hour break today (9:30-12:30, 12:30-2:30, 3:00-6:00) which I have to use to get from our main building across the river to our workshop building so eating lunch always tends to be a little difficult. And may be the cause of this headache I've had all day. :( I had photographing Florence tonight for the first time and should be pretty fun. I enjoy the fact that I know what she's talking about and that I have a nicer camera than almost everyone else :) [thanks mom!] and that the teacher doesn't want us to use flash, which I love. 

It was cool and rainy out today, but I'm sure all of you would prefer that to freezing and snowy as I do! I still giggle at my roommates from texas and florida that think its SO COLD here. But I think I may nurse this headache and hit the hay really early tonight. Han and I might hit up another market tomorrow morning that is only open on Tuesdays. Ciao!

No comments: