So italian class went well, I was excited to see that my teacher's name was Laura, thinking she'd be one of the teachers that is American and is just fluent in Italian, but I found out today that Laura can be an Italian name too! (Pronounced La-oo-rah) She's really nice and speaks english really well so all is great. Speaking of great, I've noticed that I've started to roll the "r" in 'great' since everyone rolls "r"s here. It makes me giggle. Anyways, in Italian we learned the alphabet, hehe, and then went to spend money on textbooks. YAY! :( I had my first boring chicken alfredo today, and mmmmmm so good! We didn't do much this afternoon besides eat because we were told that our landlord was coming at seven so we were home in plenty of time so we'd all be here only to wait until about 9:30 for him to actually get to our apartment. My roommate Han says Italians are always late. They're very chillax. For example, one of my classes on my schedule today overlapped with another (10:00-1:00, 12:30-2:30) and the teacher said to just leave class half an hour early every day! haha.
I'm working on my gelato habits. So far I've only had two kinds, Stracciotella (like cookies and creme kind of) and Ciocolato (chocolate) mousse. I will definitely be working on my gelato flavors since there are soooo many!
Here's something you need to know:
Bruschetta (broo-sHet-ta) is actually pronounced broo-sKet-ta! Ignorant americans. hah!
Anyways, I am going to have a pretty chill night, go to bed rather early, and try and get pictures uploaded tomorrow. I finally get to sleep in! yay! Ciao!
1 comment:
YEAH!! Very interesting - you've learned so much already. AND had good pasta - so I'm not quite so worried about you now 0KKKKKKKKKKK
Love ya - Nama
Post a Comment