So most people know that I hate grocery shopping. Literally hate it. Which is why I only go like once a month/month and a half. Imagine me grocery shopping in a store where I cannot understand a single word on any of the packaging! It was the epitome of FUN! not... haha it was interesting though. First of all, they charge you for bags here, but we knew that going in so my roommates and I had bought bags before going that we'll reuse. (Alison aren't you proud?!?) I had a list of stuff I wanted to get, which didn't really help since I had to look at everything to figure out what everything was anyways. But my most exciting purchase was milk (leche)-I checked on what milk to get with my roommate who was here last semester before I left. :) I do have a roommate who's lactose intolerant and a roommate that is a vegetarian so I know I wont have to share with them! But milk here also expires after a few days so they only come in small containers. I love that bread is super cheap, both in loafs and baghettes and such, and noodles are as well. Cheese is hard to figure out. I need to start writing down which kinds I like. They are all white, its hard to find any yellow cheese like cheddar and they all look the same to me. Eggs are also not refridgerated?! I threw mine in the fridge out of habit when I got back so we'll see. I'll probably have to eat those right away too. I was able to find a small jar of Kraft Mayonnaise :) which made me excited since it was about the only thing I recognized besides the pasta brands. I didn't get any fruits and vegetables because they're more fun to get at markets. Also, here you have to wear plastic gloves in the produce section and also weigh and price your own before going up to the register. Oh and did I mention olive oil is cheaper here?!? haha Needless to say, I spent about an hour in the grocery store and only spent about €30 on food. (My roommates spent like €50)
Speaking of my roommates, here's the lowdown:
Its very odd, and funny, that my roommates names are Emily and Emma, Han and Hannah. :)
•Emily Brilliant is a junior in college at University of Texas, and she's from Maryland. Her major is fashion design.
•Emma Pretto is a senior in college at Eckerd in Florida, and she's from Florida. Her major is international studies.
•Hannah Chipman is a junior in college at University of Virginia, and she's from Delaware. Her major is media studies.
•Han Le is a junior in college at the University of Texas, and she's from Texas. Her major is fashion design. (Her and Emily didn't know each other before coming here!)
I went to bed about midnight last night and woke up at 7:00am and then fell back asleep at 10:00 and slept til 2:00 (when the rest of my roommates woke up without getting up at 7:00). Today was our first day we were able to sleep in so of course I wouldn't be able to actually sleep as much as I wanted to. I'm still trying to kick this cold, I feel rather miserable today still which is making me not want to go out and do much at night. But tonight we're having a little roommate outing, going out to eat. Then hopefully after that I'll finally get unpacked and some pictures uploaded. My goal tomorrow is to have a nice day and walk around with my big camera! I swear pictures are coming and I know you are all waiting so patiently! Trust me, you'll be sick of all of my pictures by the time I come home! Miss you all! Ciao!
No comments:
Post a Comment