Sunday, January 18, 2009

Sunday Night Misc.

So didn't do a whole lot today. It was rainy all day but did manage to get a walk in with my cute little purple and green umbrella. Not many little stores are open on Sundays. I did hit up the grocery store again for a couple necessities. Still trying to plan out the semester as far as traveling goes. I think that once I attend all my classes for the first time that'll let me know when is best to go. Went out to get gelato tonight with my roomies, I have a new favorite combination of tiramisu and chocolate. Nummy! So I figured I'd put up a few random thoughts before hitting the hay for classes tomorrow!

• Dogs are very popular here, all sizes and breeds. The smaller ones have clothes on a lot of the time. Dogs also go everywhere, on the bus, in stores, the market, etc. 
• 4-6:00pm is a very chilly time of day in the apartment (the heat turns on at six and we start to lose a lot of sunlight starting at 4:00).
• Besides motorists, nothing is in a hurry here. Its very laid-back.
• Fresh bread dipped in olive oil mixed with basil, salt, and grated parmesan cheese = amazing!
• Most of the time, when I as an [obvious] american say things like "ciao" or "grazie" they reply with either "goodbye" or "you're welcome." I think slightly to make fun of me. =)
• There is no such thing as jaywalking here. People walk in the middle of the road ALL the time.

Thats all for now. I'm going to bed!

No comments: