So anyways, I'm alive, so no worries. I will be working on more blogs today and tomorrow so check back often! And comment lots! Teehee!! Miss you all...
Monday, April 6, 2009
I survived the earthquakes!
Hello all, I know I have some major blogging to catch up on, and I will I promise, but thought I'd let you all know I survived the earthquakes from last night. There was an earthquake southeast of Bologna (so about straight east of Florence) at about 10:00pm that registered at 4.6 which I actually felt. I was sitting on my bed and felt it shake slightly like someone was underneath. It was only like 10-15 seconds so I thought I was going crazy, I even checked under my bed! haha... but didn't think anything of it until this morning when a friend IMed me and said "did we seriously have an earthquake last night?" I was like, "what are you talking about?!?" thinking he was on crack... but then cnn.com had a front page headline and that was a smack in the face. You can get the full story there, there was a bigger earthquake, 6.3 i think, at 3:30am a bit further away and south of us and there's been over 50 confirmed deaths in L'Aquila (the city where it was at) already. So I guess it's pretty common for Italy to have earthquakes, its the country in Europe with the most since there's two fault lines intersecting through it or something? Guess I can add "surviving an earthquake" to my list of experiences over here!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
I should NOT have looked at the devastation - makes me very nervous. Glad you called this AM - Keep Angel Nama Flat close - Love & Prayers Sweetie
I was very nervous when I heard that on the news this morning. Glad you're okay though! Thanks for letting us know! :) Stay away from those fault lines... I know all about earthquakes from my super interesting geology class I had to take last year. I also just taught a brief 2-day lesson on earthquakes to my fifth graders. Glad you're okay and hope there aren't anymore while you're there! Love!
Leave it to a midwest girl to have no clue when it comes to your bed shaking! Just remember it's the earthquake's "fault" not just thunder! (it's a post survival pun)
Our thoughts and prayers are with the injured and deceased and may Italy settled down for the remainder of your stay Missy!Love you but not these kind of adventures! A few more grey hairs for your rents.
OK I didn't think to worry about earthquakes. I didn't see any news today so no worries until 3-D Grandma called to say you were OK. I just watched NBC news tonight and it looks just awful. So stay safe and away from rumbles!! GREAT Aunt Lani
WHIT, glad to hear you made it through the earthquakes. but i gotta be honest- i wasn't too worried about you. it was NAMA FLAT that i was worried about! poor thing probably didn't know what to think when the bed was shakin! glad you two kept each other safe : )
PS your blogs rock- i cant even imagine going through all of your pics... no worries!
Post a Comment