Things in the U.S. I can't wait for:
• to see family and friends of course!
• Cutie and Lincoln
• to drive a car!!
• lawns and grass and woods! (+fourwheeler/gator)
• DIET MOUNTAIN DEW
• a bacon cheeseburger with CHEDDAR CHEESE and french fries with RANCH DRESSING
• macaroni and cheese in a box (velveeta or kraft!)
• Olive Garden (still have yet to find someplace over here with better salad or breadsticks!)
• TARGET
• legitimately GOOD deals/sales :)
• ice cubes! (sounds crazy I know, but seriously, unattainable unless you "grow your own", but then again, good luck finding an ice tray not from IKEA)
• mich golden beer
• my scanner/printer
• american plugins
• Bicardi Limon
• homemade margaritas
• grapes without seeds
• milk that doesn't go bad in 3 days
• TV and DVD players
• seeing movies when they actually come out in theatres (not 2-4 months later)
• having people understand everything I say
• knowing what the labels say and what actual food I'm buying at a grocery store
• grasshopper noises at night
• CLOTHES DRYER (and washers that can fit more than 3 pairs of jeans at a time)
• dollar stores where everything actually costs a dollar, and not $1.38 with the exchange rate
• beers and drinks for under €5.00
• my 21st century cell phone
• my extra large desktop computer
• tubing on the Upper Iowa
• the hammock
• a large, thanksgiving style meal (including homemade gravy) made by dad
• shrimp that dont still have all their "tentacles" or "feet" or whatever
• good chinese food/cheap good mexican food
• POPCORN
• my queen size beds
• a pedicure (Ama? Tara? any openings? ;) heehee)
• getting my eyebrows waxed and hair colored
• shopping with mom in actual malls (with brand name clothes that don't cost thousands of dollars i.e. louis vitton, gucci, cavalli, chanel)
• post-its
• recent american music
• kleenex in a BOX
• Gladice? (still trying to work out bringing Walter home for her as a mate... )
• seeing new baby Ari and Carrie and Stacey's baby bellies!
• hottubbing with my baggas
• less dust
• COUCHES
• going to Canada with dad at the end of the month...
• OH! and I almost forgot--MICROWAVES!
Can anyone tell I'm a little excited to come home? haha... I figured this all would be good for at least a few giggles. Helped me procrastinate anyways! Back to work. Boo...
6 comments:
great observations for us spoiled Americans - yes it sounds like you are ready. A few weeks ago I thought you were liking it too much but glad to hear you're getting excited - I AM TOO!! The Dacia girls have kept me in line - and entertained now & then. Hope Flat fits in your suitcase - Flat Flo joined the shop picture board.
I will have an opening whenever you want for your pedicure! So excited to see you and I know your boyfriend, Kyle, is, too! Man, it sounds like we just about have it made with all of our luxuries her in America :) Guess we really take everything for granted! Best wishes with the rest of your classes and your finals. Take care :)
POPCORN?!? OMG - you poor girl - have you not had any since you left? I've had enough for both of us! I'll make you your own batch when you come home (and come visit us) Your list was interesting and fun - a good procrastination project! Happy May and don't forget to celebrate Cinco de Mayo!!
luv!
Post-its??? I could have sent you tons. I use them everyday and my boss says, "Sticky notes are not charting!!" You will be surprised how the baby bellies look! 16 more days and counting!! GREAT Aunt Lani
OMG, I can relate to alot of those and I was only there for a much shorter time! I think we can all help you with the list and then some. Here's my can't wait list for YOU:
1.Our first welcome back hug.
2.Watching each other cry and then laughing about it.
3.Telling you how unhealthy that bacon cheeseburger and fries are.
4.Bargin shopping trip WITH Olive Garden.
5.Trying a Guiness over here with you not that Mich Golden.
6.Sorting out all of the treats and souveniers and pictures and brochures,ect.
7.Gravy?Really?
8.The frogs are singing at the pond!Your first "country opera" with an awesome venue.
9.How about trading dust for cat hair? Cutie can't wait to have YOU brush her next time.
10.My best friend...Love you.
Aw...I'm so glad you actually want to come back!!! We have to put something on the calendar so that you can come over for a cheesy, Mexican meal...that will at least satisfy 2 items off your list! I know, I know...Dacia...not very healthy, but the poor girl!!! And you can meet Baby Ari too! So I guess that's 3 off the list!
Post a Comment