Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Hating the "Lemmings" (as Papa Ty calls them)

Well according to Mama Dacia's boyfriend, Rick Steve, its officially "tourist season." And it shows! It takes much longer to cross the Ponte Vecchio on the way to school since I have to dodge all the "lemmings," as Papa Ty so fondly called the tourists. It is beautiful out now though, so its a good time to come I suppose. 

So how was everyone's easter?!? I got to see Grandpa Don, Grandma Dee, Harlan, Darcy, Chloe, Haylee, Zachary, Lantha, Joe, Mom, Dad, Cutie, Lincoln, and Blair on videochat so that was sure fun! Other than that, my easter was pretty low-key (leave it to me to have "too much fun" the night before!!). I got up to go try and see the "explosion of the cart" at the Duomo. It was probably a 12" tall cart but I still could not see hardly a thing because there were SOOOOO many people! However I did hear it, and saw sparks and smoke from the "explosion." Well at least I was there so I got my good luck for the year! Then I took a nice easter afternoon nap (after pretending I just ate an elaborate easter meal cooked by daddy :( so sad...) then got up and went to a market at Santo Spirito and then went to an art and craft market at Santa Croce where I got a really cool ceramic ring and some sweet wire earrings. Then on Monday, Han and I went up to Fiesole, a neighboring town up in the hills surrounding Florence, and checked out another market and walked around and enjoyed the birds' eye views of Florence in the daylight (last time I was in Fiesole was at nighttime during orientation week). 

Ooo! More exciting news, the copy of the David in Piazza Signoria is FINALLY uncovered! I got falsely exciting a week ago when they removed the covering on the scaffolding and I could sort of see David, but then after classes were over, they had removed the scaffolding, but covered David with a sheet. Lovely. But now he's uncovered for the world to see! Woot Woot! Wanna see a picture of the Italian Stallion?!? ok fine....

No comments: