Sunday, April 19, 2009

Fashion Show and Wedding Reception

Han and I at the Accademia Italiania Fashion Show (notice the feather in my hair?!? haha)
The theme was "25 years of design and love" so this was their 25th birthday cake!

All designs came out in collections, keep that in mind!







Anyone else think that this could be the next amish fashions??



Hello all! I'm so jealous of all of you who attended Bill and Stacey's wedding reception last night! I saw pictures from Mamma Dacia and it looked so much fun! Congrats Bill and Stacey! I am glad that the "Flat Cousins" got to join the party. So sad that Flat Cousin Whitney couldn't sing karaoke with Sam though... lol. We'll have to work on our flat people's vocal abilities. Anyways, thought I'd share a few of Mama Dacia's pictures of the Flat Cousins with the world:
 I'm assuming this is where we hung out most of the night...
Although I'm sure I made several trips to this place!!! I got a kick out of this one, you all know me so well!
I'm so glad I got to talk to so many of you! (That's 3D me on the cell phone.) It made me feel like I was almost three dimensionally there!
Aww.... all the older cousins.... cute!
Well, while I couldn't be home for the reception, I had to settle for the Accademia Italiana annual fashion show. It showcases all Accademia programs including Rome, Bangkok, and Skopje. It was all mostly senior designs, and also exhibits for senior graphic design and interior design students as well. It was really cool to see, and turned out to be a much bigger deal than I thought for our little school, but it was super fun to take pictures of! My big camera and I are finally back on speaking terms since Spring Break with Mom and Dad. I have four albums on Facebook that I linked you guys to on the right, hope you can all see them! If not, I at least gave you a taste above!

Unfortunately, since Friday I've come down with a cold, and I used most of my Dayquila and Sinex yesterday in order to attend the show, so today I've spent most of the day in bed. Hopefully tomorrow will be better. I wasn't able to get to the beach this weekend like I wanted to due to crappy weather, but I did find out they sell swimsuits here in the Italian equivalent of the "Dollar Tree" stores, where everything's a euro. However, because they are two-piece swimsuits, they cost two euro. Haha.... pretty cute though! My roommate bought two! Crazy huh? Well hopefully next weekend I can snag a trip back to Viareggio. Other than that... low-key, do laundry, run errand weekend for me. Til next time!

7 comments:

mama/auntie dacia said...

Ok, we obviously wore the wrong thing to the wedding reception! No runway frocks there! Wow, I just don't know the fine line between fashion and halloween costume???? What a neat experience though, looked like right of the reality show....hope your cold is better tomorrow sweetie. Maybe it's from that flat Whitney and her not knowing when to stop having fun! Hang in there. Caio. Love ya.

Jana said...

I agree with you Dacia! That fashion stuff is beyond me?!! We definitely had a fun time with the flat cousins last night, however I would have MUCH rather preferred you in 3D... you're more fun that way! Flat Whit really got around last night, you'll have to see more later! :) It was fun to talk with you last night - see you when you get back! Thanks for the blog update! :)

Anonymous said...

So excited to see the Blog updates from my g-kids today!! The flats are safe with me now on my dining room table - until we have another family occasion they should attend. They had a good time as did we all - family fun that wasn't even forced!! The last hour was hilarious - the big city boys enjoying themselves in farm country. They can even sing!! Get well sweetie - 27 days to go. Love ya

GREAT Aunt Lani said...

Whit-We missed you last night. Sam could have used your singing rather than Jim trying to be Cher. You don't need to bring me any of those fashions--but I LOVE my new Hard Rock T-shirt!!Bill & Stacey have been "Harmonized" into wedded bliss. See you soon. GREAT Aunt Lani

Dana K said...

So now you're turning all Hollywood on us by going to a snobby fashion show - what next?!? I don't think I've seen any of those designs at Herberger's! (how bout that poodle wedding dress get-up?!?) It was fun to have you with us at the reception - you are always the life of the party! Your brothers told me how much they are missing you - it was sweet! Hope you are feeling better soon. LOVE!

Kyra Jo said...

WHIT. i loved hanging out in the plant, didn't you? we were so sneaky... spies if you will. Good blog work- again, all of those models just came to my closet and took out my clothes and called it a "fashion show." i mean, come on, at least give me credit!

ZnR said...

Hey Whit! I FINALLY got your blog address from my mom and instead of working, I decided to read the entire thing...shhhh! It looks like you are have a blast, I'm a little jealous! Good for you! Enjoy the rest of your time and I want to catch up when you get back! Take care! And have some wine and chocolate for me!