Saturday, March 21, 2009

A Taste of Our Travels

Bonjour, Top of the morning to Ya, Hello, and Ciao! We made it back to Florence, safe and sound, but "knackered" (exhausted in brit-speak). Took awhile to upload pictures, believe it or not, Dacia and Whitney took a bunch, but Flat Nama definitely took 2.........many!!!

Teehee! Well here's a very quick grab of pictures of things we've done. Commentary will come soon. I can't get Dacia to relax long enough to get any blogging done! (She wants to see everything! I think I should ground her....)


Leaning Tower of Pisa
Inside of Notre Dame
The Louvre
Arche de Triumphe (from Eiffel Tower)
Eiffel Tower!
Moulin Rouge
Versailles
Museum Orsay
Eiffel Tower from afar
Notre Dame
"Orange" Museum and Monet's waterlilies!!
Moulin Rouge "Feerie" Caberet show.
St. Patrick's Day in Dublin!
Proof that Dacia drank beer---and she liked it!!
Happy St. Patrick's day!
Malahide Castle
Guinness Storehouse
clover on top of our guinesses....num num!
Leaving dublin...
Changing of the Guard in London
In front of Buckingham Palace
Phone Booths!!
Wicked on Broadway
Amazing....
Tower of London Bridge
Tower of London
London Eye
Big Ben (Houses of Parliament)
Westminster Abbey

Made it back without a hitch. Definitely slept in today! Then we went and had pizza and saw the David and I cooked supper (cannelloni-yum!) and we worked on laundry. Tomorrow the plan is to go to the Uffizi Gallery and Boboli Gardens.

YYYYYYyyyyyyyyyaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawwwwwwwwwwwwwwwnnnnnnnnn..... I think it's time for bed. Miss you all!

4 comments:

GREAT Aunt Lani said...

OMG!!! And that is just a "taste of your travels"??? You two really wore out Flat Nama and she didn't miss a thing. "Wicked" in London!?!?!? How Awesome--thanks for taking the time to blog-GREAT Aunt Lani

Kyra Jo said...

You two are great photographers! Thanks for sharing the beautiful and fun pics- LOVE flat nama's different hats, etc... i hope she has been getting in her naps! Erik says HI and we both love you guys! "alright ya'll" (how the southerners say goodbye) :)

Dana K said...

looks like fun!!! thanks for the update - I know you've been busy doing more important things then blogging! the photography is great - I $really appreciate it your creative eye(s)! we're just trying to get Al home from Vegas tonight (weather delays) and then we'll head south for Charlotte - just petty US travel! let the fun continue........

ama said...

so much fun! thanks for sharing all of your picture moments with all of us stuck back here in the "good ol' states"! did any other travelers make it there to see you?!?! can't wait to see more of your travels. take care and enjoy!