Monday, March 23, 2009

Just a Quick One...

Hey everyone! Just wanted to let you all know that Daddy's here!!! Yay!! Dad made it on time and in one piece, but tired. Mom and I picked him up, then he napped while I went to Italian class, then we ate, and SAUNTERED (dad likes to saunter, I haven't sauntered since Dacia got here, hard to change the pace but nice!) around Florence a bit. Then we climbed the duomo, amazing views! Then we went to the grocery store ("nothing like the american grocery stores huh?" says Ty) and I got ingredients for homemade alfredo that I made--they don't have a lot of white sauces here so I had to learn how to make alfredo homemade, and I found out just how bad it is for you, but Dacia still ate it!!--then we bought some wine and just sat and reminisced and caught up and had a very nice night. We leave tomorrow for Rome (Tuesday-Wednesday) then Cinque Terre (Wednesday-Friday) then Venice (Friday-Saturday) all by train so no worries NAMA!! And "Nama Flat" (they put the adjective after the noun in Italy so we had to adjust) will be with us so we'll be just fine! We also have some other visitors!! They'll be coming along as well, and although they spent the day with us, and will be traveling with us, you'll have to wait for pictures to be introduced. We definitely have a fun group. Anyways, once again the communication probably wont be that fantastic, but we'll do our best. Once we get back and I send mama dacia and papa ty back home I'll try and hit the blog hard, since its very time consuming and hard to do it now. 

By the way, Dacia and I over the weekend saw the David, and I made homemade cannelloni, did our laundry, went to the Uffizi and the Boboli Gardens and planned our next attack so little time to rest! We'll see how Ty keeps up. hehe!

We'll touch base again when we get back! Train tour here we come!

Miss you all!

3 comments:

Jana said...

Wow, you guys make me tired just reading about all you're doing! I am definitely jealous of all that you are seeing and exploring - how fun! Glad Papa Ty made it and you three can be together again :) Travel safely this week! Dana and I begin our "big travels" to Charlotte, North Carolina on Wednesday. We will not be going via a train and we willl probably not be seeing as many cool things as you guys, however, we will see Kyra and Erik!!! :) Thanks for posting. can't wait to meet your new touristy friends that joined you! Love to all!

Kyra Jo said...

YEAH! Kyra and Erik are pretty cool to see I hear!!! :) Ummm Whit, PLEASE oh PLEASE can we have a flat lani (or lani flat)?? And can she lose her eyes when something is funny!? Ohhh that would just be too much. Lol. Give Auntie Dacia and Unkie Ty hugs and have a great time!

Anonymous said...

We're BACK - our travels were pretty trival in comparison!! We saw three of the four "I" states and rellies too. I'm glad to hear you have a fun travel GROUP - can you keep them all under control??
Waiting to hear all about it.
Love to ALL -