Thursday, February 12, 2009

What a Terrific Thursday...

Today was the day I met David. Thee David. 500 year old David. My Michelangelo class visited the Accademia Galleria to see the magnificent statue. And I could have never guessed how cool the feeling is when you first come around the corner and see it at the end of the hall and see it for the first time. It really was probably one of the coolest things I've seen since I've been here. Pictures speak zero words to actually standing in front of it. And some of the history we learned about it was intriguing as well.

After visiting the David, my italian class went on a field trip to mercato centrale, (the central market) which was the one I talked about a bunch of blogs ago, to learn names of food. I bought more fruit there. I found the cutest little old lady who was selling kiwis, apples, bananas, and oranges (and it was super cheap--I almost felt like I was stealing!) and I will be going back just to visit her! You know how I am with cute little old people... You could really tell that the surrounding vendors love her as well.
Mom and I got our spring break plans all figured out this afternoon via webchat, so overall it was a really productive day. Tonight us girls will get all gussied up and head out on the town. Woot Woot!

No comments: