Thursday for my Michelangelo class, we got to see where he grew up and a museum of some of his earlier works. I'm pleasantly surprised at how interesting that class is. Thursday night we went to the Oasis cover band at a club called Be Bop and had a good time. A bunch of other kids from our program showed up and it was a fun group to be with. The music wasn't that great (the lead singer was bad) but it was fun to go out. I had my first encounter with a creepy "very lovey-dovey" itallian stallion which is funny looking back on it. haha. he caught me coming out of the bathroom, asked my name, I said "Britney" and then he said "Like Britney Spears?" and went on to sing "Womanizer" in his Italian accent. Teehee! Its good to know how to say "I have a fiance" in Italian, even though I had a ring on that wouldn't qualify as an engagement ring in any culture. haha. I told mama dacia and papa ty about it over video-chat, and next thing I know Papa Ty gave me a nice view of a hand gun on the webcam so maybe he wasn't impressed?? Haha. Papa Ty is a hoot on the webcam, so its fun when I can catch him at home.
Friday, Emma and I went to a vintage fair that was only going on for 5 days. We had to walk a long ways but it was very cool. There were mostly a lot of vintage labels, such as Dior, Chanel, Prada, Gucci, Hermes, etc, so everything was really expensive. We didn't buy anything but it was fun to look and took a couple hours because of its size. On the way home from the vintage fair we found a hot dog place! They're not popular in Firenze we found out, and this one had just opened, so I got a chili cheese dog (for the first time!) and Emma got a vegetarian hot dog and we gawked at the gorgeous hot dog guy :). Friday night we went to a restaurant called Darvish, which had Greek and Mediterranean food. First of all, its really hard to order Greek food in Italian, and second of all, its kind of ridiculous that I've eaten at a Japanese and a Greek restaurant (and ate a chili cheese hot dog--i'm usually a plain hotdog and ketchup kind of gal) for the first time ever, and it was in Italy of all places. Emma and Han are proud of me for trying new things. I tried so many different foods at Darvish, Emma got a sampler plate and I got a greek salad and we shared. Also, towards the end, one of the owners' 8 year old son came in to do his homework, and instead of sitting at one of the six other empty tables, he came and sat at ours, right next to me, and spent the next twenty minutes "showing off" for us older girls. He did everything from burping on his arm, farting under his armpit, purposely dropping stuff under the table and hitting his head on the way back up--it was really funny. Never a dull moment here I guess you could say. afterward we got dressed up and went to the Accademia Italiana welcome party at a club called TwentyOne. It was very crowded and we're pretty positive the drinks were watered down, so we didn't stay too long. (My creepy lovey-dovey italian stallion also showed up which was another reason to leave!!)
Saturday I got a lot of things done, laundry and cleaning and such, and then we went to the Jazz Club Saturday night and our usual group met us there. Afterwards, I invited Matt over (he also goes to the University of Minnesota) since I'm determined to hook him and my roommate Emma up. Did I mention they're going on a date tonight??? Heehee!! :)
Sunday we slept in and finished my laundry and did homework. It sucks to do homework--isn't this suppose to be a vacation!??! I shouldn't be complaining, its less homework than we have at home.
Monday was my long day. Fadi's class in the morning (design of the coordinated image), then Italian, then photographing florence. Its quite amusing that my photography teacher assumes that I know everything about photography and am absolutely bored in the class because I've "studied" photography before. I think she's just assuming I'm amazing because I have the best camera in the class. Its fun though. I do consider it my slacker class, but I am learning a few things here and there.
Yesterday I only had italian, and last night Emma and I attempted to go to the Beatles cover band at Be Bop (they play every tuesday night) but when we got there it was so packed that we just went back home. Bummer.
So that's about all for now. I need to get homework done for next week since we head to Barcelona on Friday!! Yay!! Miss you all!
•••Check out the newest pictures at the new facebook album link on the right. :)
1 comment:
so how did Matt and Emma's date go??? and beware of "Italian creepy guy" and others that are out there! I loved the story about the little boy at Darvish - boys will be boys!?!
time for another update girl - keep them coming!!! luv!
Post a Comment